[FFmpeg-soc] Slot allocation discussion

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon Apr 14 13:41:48 CEST 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 12:09:16PM +0200, Luca Barbato wrote:
> We should discuss a bit how to allocate slots, we have already an
> ffmpeg-soc channel on freenode and we could either discuss on the open
> in this ml or ask root at mphq to prepare a ml for this purpose.
>
> lu - that would like to have this sorted soon.

Iam not against discussing it "in the open", if the students are ok with
seeing discussions about them on a publically archived mailinglist. We
also could try to keep the discussions mostly in the open and only take
things off list when we feel that the students would prefer not to see
it on the mailinglist.

Anyway, i think kostya-aac and marco-snow should get a slot. I think they
are 2 of the easy choices. Comments welcome, on list as well as (off list
with CC to all mentors).

[...]

I hate to see young programmers poisoned by the kind of thinking
Ulrich Drepper puts forward since it is simply too narrow -- Roman Shaposhnik