[FFmpeg-soc] decoding 7_pt_1.eac3

Bartlomiej Wolowiec bartek.wolowiec at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 23:18:55 CEST 2008

Hi,
while decoding information from 7_pt_1.eac3 I got unsatisfactory results... I
mean that I don't know how is channel_map related to channels in the frame:

[ac3 @ 0x8444bb0]channel_mode=7 lfe=1 (channels = 6)
[ac3 @ 0x8444bb0]channel_mode=5 lfe=0 (channels = 4)
[ac3 @ 0x8444bb0]channel_map = 00001101000000000
(set bits: 9 - Lsd/Rsd pair, 11 - Lvh/Rvh pair, 12 - Cvh)

According to the documentation (E.1.3.1.8, E.2.7):
"Note that the number of channel locations indicated by the chanmap field must
equal the total number of coded channels present in the dependent substream,
as indicated by the acmod and lfeon bit stream parameters."

After decoding, it can be heard, that next channels contain:
7 - left surrond
8 - right surround
9 - left rear surround
10 - right rear surround

Had I missed anything in the documentation... ?
--
Bartlomiej Wolowiec