[FFmpeg-soc] H264 Timestamping

Robert Marston rmarston at crg.ee.uct.ac.za
Wed Apr 2 18:39:37 CEST 2008

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 02:10:11PM +0200, Robert Marston wrote:
>
>> Re: [FFmpeg-devel] GoC 2008 and H264 SVC decoder <- Went off topic and
>> decided to move SoC list
>>
>> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
>>
>>> [...]
>>>>

>>> 2.7.5 Conditional coding of timestamps
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>> Having trouble matching parameter names between H.222.0 and H264
>>
>> 2.7.5 of H222.0 uses the following terms which I am unsure to what they
>> relate in the H264 spec:
>>
>> fixed_frame_rate_flag = fixed_frame_rate flag in VUI parameters?
>>
>> temporal_poc_flag = ??
>>
>> picture_to_display_conversion_flag = ??
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>

> Common sense?
> Hint, try to search the H.222 document for things mentioned in the H.222
> document before trying to find them in other documents!
>
> [...]
Admittedly that was rather stupid of me.

As far as I can tell the pts and dts values can be determined from
information such as the SEI timing and buffering messages and the SPS
VUI timing information.

I am trying to reference the information in the H.264 decoder from the
parser, h264_parse(), eg. h->sps.timing_info_present_flag.  I've tried
other ways of de-referencing the pointer but I don't seemed to be
getting the right information. Can anybody see if I am doing something
wrong?

Thanks
Robert