[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1393 - in dirac/libavcodec: dirac.h diracdec.c diracenc.c

Marco Gerards mgerards at xs4all.nl
Mon Sep 24 16:37:07 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> writes:

Hi,

[...]

>> Although my main concerns are with if I made the split correctly as in
>> code wise.
>
> after a quick 10min look it looks ok ...

Great, thanks for this effort :-)

> one thing i spoted where that there are non static things in there without
> a ff_ prefix but with just a dirac_ prefix these could break an application
> which tries to link to both ffmpeg and the official dirac

Yes, you are right.  At the same time I split the file, I introduced
this namespace for non-static symbols.  I do not think the dirac_*
names collide with those of the reference implementation, but I can
not guarantee they won't.

What would be a better prefix? dirac_ff_* or even ff_*?  Or just leave
it as it is, until people start complaining?  Personally I do not care
much about the prefix and will change it to whatever you like.

Thanks,
Marco