[FFmpeg-soc] EAC3 review

Mike Melanson mike at multimedia.cx
Mon Sep 10 22:03:15 CEST 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> this is copy and pasted 1:1 from the pseudo code in the a52b spec
> even the comments, and i suspect that applies to other parts as well
> in principle that should be ok but well IANAL, diego whats your
> oppinion about it? is it ok to copy and paste code from the spec?
> or would it be better if we didnt do that, and what about the variable
> names, they are practically all copy and pasted from the spec

I had a similar issue while creating a new VP3 decoder for lavc. For
certain tasks, there just was not any other way to do something than the
algorithm that already existed. I did not want to copy directly due to
licensing confusion.

In those cases, I would at least rename the variables. :)

--
	-Mike Melanson