[FFmpeg-soc] EAC3 status

infernix infernix at infernix.net
Sun Sep 9 22:41:35 CEST 2007

Bartlomiej Wolowiec wrote:
> I hope, that in the following weeks the eac3 decoder code can be added to
> ffmpeg. In addition to this, if you can give me any clues, what should I
> change in my code, I will be grateful. I'd like to thank mentor, people who
> checked the code on ffmpeg-soc and everyone who tested the code and sent me
> not working samples.

I have a suggestion. A toggle for turning on/off the use of Dynamic
Range Compression would be much appreciated. Not sure how to go about
this though; perhaps there's code in ac3dec.c for this already?

 > - correct maping channels in multi-channel sound

We looked at this before, and i'm currently using the following mapping
scheme in mplayer:

# Speaker setup:
# x:0 = FL
# x:1 = FR
# x:2 = RL
# x:3 = RR
# x:4 = C
# x:5 = LFE
#
# EAC3 according to the docs:
#
# 0:x = FL
# 1:x = C
# 2:x = FR
# 3:x = RL
# 4:x = RR
# 5:x = LFE
#
# EAC3:Speaker channel mapping:
# 0:0
# 1:4
# 2:1
# 3:2
# 4:3
# 5:5
#
# Correct af=channels mapping:
#af=channels=6:6:0:0:1:4:2:1:3:2:4:3:5:5

Hope that helps.