[FFmpeg-soc] EAC3 status

Bartlomiej Wolowiec bartek.wolowiec at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 14:07:13 CEST 2007

Hi,
currently eac3 code decodes correctly all available samples, unfortunately
some extensions are lacking:
-enhanced coupling and spectral extension (no samples)
-pre-noise (I'll try to understand the documentation on this subject)
-more than 5.1 channels (no samples)
-AHT tested only on mono samples - I hope that it works correctly
-correct maping channels in multi-channel sound

I hope, that in the following weeks the eac3 decoder code can be added to
ffmpeg. In addition to this, if you can give me any clues, what should I
change in my code, I will be grateful. I'd like to thank mentor, people who
checked the code on ffmpeg-soc and everyone who tested the code and sent me
not working samples.

--
Bartlomiej Wolowiec