[FFmpeg-soc] Status of the Dirac codec

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Wed Sep 5 19:00:49 CEST 2007

Hi

On Wed, Sep 05, 2007 at 05:07:13PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
[...]
> >> I am not sure how long we should wait
> >> to put this into SVN.  Perhaps we should wait until the Dirac codec is
> >> released?  Having Dirac support now is useless anyways I think.  In
> >> the meanwhile I can keep working at this without disturbing anyone in
> >> any way.
> >
> > personally i would prefer it to be moved to ffmpeg svn rather sooner than
> > later it would get more testing thus bugs will be found quicker and it would
> > also be more likely that other developers would contribute though i dont
> > think many will but who knows ...
>
> How about waiting until I cleaned up the things I do not like and
> until I split up dirac.c, so I can work on the encoder separately?
> This should not take too long, although I have classes to distract me
> again :-/.

ok, when you are done, just post a patch to ffmpeg-dev so i can take a
final look at it before its commited to ffmpeg-svn

[...]

Concerning the gods, I have no means of knowing whether they exist or not
or of what sort they may be, because of the obscurity of the subject, and
the brevity of human life -- Protagoras