[FFmpeg-soc] module for watermarking videos with alpha channels PNG logo

Víctor Paesa victorpaesa at googlemail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:31:39 CEST 2007

Hi,

On 9/4/07, Thierry Delaitre wrote:

> Is there a module I can use for watermarking videos with FFMPEG ?
>
> I tried pip and watermark but the quality of the logo on the video does not
> sound too good. I'm using alpha channels PNG logo.

The SOC libavfilter project has a "vf_overlay" filter that you may
want to try (I haven't yet).
And (though really this is a question for the ffmpeg-user mail list)
the imlib2 vhook deals
well with alpha PNG logos.

> Can you advise if the SOC code is ready to be used (even for testing purposes) ?

At this moment only ffplay would use libavfilter. A patch would be
needed (and welcomed)
if you want to use it with ffmpeg.

Regards,
Víctor