[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1538 - in aaclc: . TODO aac.h aacdec.c aactab.c aactab.h ffmpeg.patch

Andreas Öman andreas at olebyn.nu
Fri Dec 7 22:51:57 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 05:07:01PM +0100, Andreas Öman wrote:
>> Benoit Fouet wrote:
>>
>>> wasn't that a modified copy of the aac/ directory ?
>>>
>> We had a discussion on #ffmpeg-devel regarding this matter.
>> The general opinion was that it could just as well be created
>> >from "scratch". The diffs back to the "original" aac.c file
>> would probably be very messy anyway.
>
> yes combining many unrelated changes leads to messy diffs thats
> why each individual change should be commited seperately

Well, what can I say?
This procedure was was proposed in a mail to this list at November 12th.
I assumed that the absence of answer was equal to "green light".

> let me just say that if it were ffmpeg-svn i would consider to
> revoke your svn write permissions for such a commit like that here
> and obviously revert the commit at the spot

I'm very well aware of those rules and would of course not do such a
thing.

> now its just soc-svn and the average quality of commts here is lower
> but i think this commit beats everything which was commited in 2007
> in terms of low quality

Encouraging...

Do you suggest that the development work should continue in the aac/
directory or just be done entirely out-of-tree?