[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r1538 - in aaclc: . TODO aac.h aacdec.c aactab.c aactab.h ffmpeg.patch

Benjamin Larsson banan at ludd.ltu.se
Fri Dec 7 22:23:33 CET 2007

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> i dont know who on #ffmpeg-dev "approved" that but i do know they need their
> head examined and suspect they never looked at the actual code before
> approving it

I'll go to a shrink on monday then. The way we (I?) reasoned was that
because the soc code was in quite bad shape (it has several bugs and
buggy code for features other then just pure aac-lc) just leave it there
and start a new repo with only the aac-lc code in. I see no reason to do
this kind of transition in small incremental steps just to keep the
diffs to a minimum when creating a new repo. The old history wont be
that relevant anyway.

MvH
Benjamin Larsson