[FFmpeg-soc] [soc]: r586 - dirac/libavcodec/dirac.c

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Aug 2 16:15:50 CEST 2007

Hi

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 04:05:47PM +0200, Marco Gerards wrote:
[...]
> >> +
> >> +    if (s->picture.reference) {
> >> +        s->refframes[s->refcnt++] = s->picture;
> >> +    }
> >
> > i think refcnt should be checked somewhere so it cannot become too large
>
> Yes.  I am waiting for the next update of the specification.  It will
> mention the levels that can be used and the amount of reference frames
> a certain level can have.

a check against REFFRAME_CNT would do IMHO

theres also the issue that frames can be lost due to packet loss or whatever
or they can be damaged in which case the retirement info for some frames would
be lost and we have to guess at some point which frame to kill
if we do this decission immedeatly when the max for the level/profile is
reached then its more likely that we would choose the wrong frame
if we wait a little longer then simply removing the oldest frame is more
likely really a unused frame

[...]

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire