[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] 5 year plan & Inovation

Davy Durham ddurham at davyandbeth.com
Mon Apr 29 22:04:00 EEST 2024

Presently do you not have to create an account on the devel mailing list to
contribute to ffmpeg?

So on the flip side, I (actually) find it just as annoying to have to
create such accounts at every project rather than my having one account at
GitHub (or a relatively few for other hosting sites) and can then
contribute to literally thousands of projects without any friction.

Moreover now being subscribed to that list I get 50 emails a day that I
have to wait through. Just so long as I want to contribute. Sure I can
create rules but it is pretty obnoxious.

As a casual contributor, I much prefer getting notifications about my
occasion contributions.  But one can opt to get notified of everything by
subscribing to the whole project.