[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg table at NAB

Devin Heitmueller devin.heitmueller at ltnglobal.com
Wed Apr 17 02:21:18 EEST 2024

Hello all,

I wasn't looking to start trouble, but I didn't see any discussion of
this on the mailing list so wanted to bring it to the developer
community's attention.

I attended the NAB conference and went by the "ffmpeg" booth on
Sunday.  What I found was a single table with the official ffmpeg
banner hanging right next to a banner for the GPAC project, and two
salespeople from GPAC handing out marketing literature and trying to
educate me on why I should use their framework for my next project.

I'm not saying that GPAC shouldn't be able to have a table at the
conference, but it feels pretty misleading to have an "ffmpeg" booth
listed in the conference materials, with a table prominently
displaying the ffmpeg logo, with zero people from ffmpeg and people
pushing users to use an alternative framework that some might actually
considered to be a competitor to ffmpeg.

Devin

--
Devin Heitmueller, Senior Software Engineer
LTN Global Communications
w: https://ltnglobal.com  e: devin.heitmueller at ltnglobal.com