[FFmpeg-devel] [RFC] Anyone using 6.0, 4.1, 3.4 ?

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Apr 15 02:55:42 EEST 2024

Hi

I see nothing using 6.0 and 4.1 on our downstreams page, so i suggest to
move 6.0 to the archieve page after 6.0.2 and 4.1 probably without
new releases

About 3.4
ubuntu 18.04 last updated its FFmpeg 3.4 package 15 November 2023
sadly "apt changelog" doesnt seem to work with that package so iam not
sure that includes our fixes or only other things
our last 3.4 release was 2023-06-12

but i intend to make new 3.4 and 2.8 releases too
The branches can be droped afterwards if noone is left using these.
But as shown above ubuntu is still actively doing things with these
packages so if someone confirms that ubuntu still has interrest in
these (or another distro) then ill try to continue to update these

thx

Take away the freedom of one citizen and you will be jailed, take away
the freedom of all citizens and you will be congratulated by your peers
in Parliament.