[FFmpeg-devel] Sovereign Tech Fund

Thilo Borgmann thilo.borgmann at mail.de
Sat Apr 13 02:43:41 EEST 2024

Hi all,

> We are offered to apply for a sponsorship of FFmpeg by the Sovereign Tech Fund (STF).
>
> Please read the following to get a better understanding what STF is about:
> (In short it is about maintenance and sustainability, not features)
> https://www.sovereigntechfund.de/programs/applications
>
> As some probably already know, Thilo has worked with STF to work out
> many details of this. SPI will handle the financials for FFmpeg.
> Everyone willing to benefit from this sponsorship must not be a US sanctioned
> entity or in a US sanctioned country. And must sign a contractor agreement
> and simplified SoW with SPI.
> "A SOW purpose is to protect the contracted from doing a
> work and not getting paid, and to protect the contractor from paying for a
> work which wasn't wanted"
>
> At this point, what we need is a list of Projects so we can submit an application to STF
> at or before 12th Feb. (at the 14th they have a meeting and will review our submission)

our application has been fully accepted, covering all the project
proposals as listed in [1].

We were asked to align our public / social media announcement with STF
which happens after the contracts are finalized, presumably end of
April. Once these are done and set, I'll post a patch for a news entry
which we can also put into the social media channels we have.

Cheers,
Thilo

[1] http://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/SponsoringPrograms/STF/2024#STFApplication