[FFmpeg-devel] cropdetect for scanned images

Matt Zagrabelny mzagrabe at d.umn.edu
Sat Jul 23 02:13:15 EEST 2022

Greetings,

I've used cropdetect before for video processing.

I am currently scanning a few photographs. The scanning bed is 8 1/2" x
11", but the photos are considerably smaller.

I'd like to use some sort of programmable mechanism like ffmpeg's
cropdetect.

However, my scanner matting is white - while I understand cropdetect is
coded to detect the border of black and non-black pixels.

Has anyone had any experience deviating from a black matting with
cropdetect?

Thanks for any help with cropdetect and scanned images.

Cheers,

-m