[FFmpeg-devel] libavformat/movenc: Is packets being more than INT_MAX apart always an error?

facefunk facefunk at fcfnk.com
Wed Jul 20 15:18:14 EEST 2022

It's commonly the case with forced subtitle tracks that samples are more
than INT_MAX microseconds (35m47.48s) apart. This being the case, packet
duration will be deemed out of range by check_pkt and the packet dts set to
an incorrect value, even if pkt->duration is actually valid.

I had begun working out how to inject extra packets to satisfy this check
but I thought I would ask. Is this check necessary for mov_text packets?