[FFmpeg-devel] Development opportunity: LTC noise on files created from videotape source: filter idea

Stephen McConnachie Stephen.McConnachie at bfi.org.uk
Tue Jul 19 10:06:40 EEST 2022

I was hoping that would be achievable, thank you Michael. For context, this site has a pretty good explanation of LTC -  http://www.philrees.co.uk/articles/timecode.htm

>Do i understand correctly that the tracks are LTC or normal audio not mixed?
>or are there tracks that mix audio and LTC and require seperation ?

Yes your understanding is accurate - the LTC and the other audio (Mix / FX) tracks are discrete, not mixed - and in the encoding to FFV1 MKV the LTC-derived stream is a discrete stream.

>I think there are several developers who could develop such filter.
>I could do it, Iam sure paul could do as well.

Thank you! Dave Rice explained that he had made a start on this idea, and asked me for samples of files with LTC-derived audio - I will send Dave samples, and come back to you if I need to explore other options too.

Cheers,
Stephen