[FFmpeg-devel] Patch review request

Petri Rocha, Daniel daniel.petri at tum.de
Mon Jan 24 18:16:19 EET 2022

Hi,

I have submitted a patch few months ago which makes it possible to load images referenced in image elements through a file URL scheme.

Here is the patch:

https://patchwork.ffmpeg.org/project/ffmpeg/patch/20210803094534.1000-1-daniel.petri@tum.de/

The current alternative to display images is to encode them as Base64. This takes up a lot of redundant space in use cases where a series of SVG frames are being read in as a slideshow, each of these frames having to contain the entire raw data instead of just a reference to a file.

Feedback on this would be greatly appreciated - I'd be happy to make the necessary changes to see this enhancement merged.

With kind regards,

Daniel Petri