[FFmpeg-devel] Libavformat/movenc.c Embedding side data to output file

Deniz Uğur deniz343 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 00:22:18 EET 2022

Greetings,

I have developed a custom video filter and I’m writing some side data to the frame
metadata (just like how vf_bbox.c does). I would like to embed this side data to the
encoded video through a box (atom). There is a “free” box but I’m not sure that place
is appropriate for this.

I believe this is done through movenc.c but I couldn’t find any documentation on that.
Can anybody enlighten me on this subject? How should I proceed?

Also a side question: I’m going to use this box with DASH streaming so is movenc.c
the appropriate location or should this be done in dashenc.c exclusively.

Thanks.