[FFmpeg-devel] 5.0 release

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Mon Jan 3 22:14:02 EET 2022

On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 08:25:44PM +0100, Paul B Mahol wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 3, 2022 at 7:58 PM Michael Niedermayer <michael at niedermayer.cc>
> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 07:04:48PM +0100, Paul B Mahol wrote:

> > branch

> > single

> > fixes

> > How can that be reproduced ?
> > I tried with a 5.1 stream and the decoded output is not changing with this
> > patch

> > > This statement is not in sync with reality.
> > >
> > > I have sample that 946... fixes, single stream with > 2 channels.
> >
> > Iam not sure i understand what you mean exactly but
> >
> > the sample which it breaks is here:
> > https://samples.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg-bugs/trac/ticket1726/Mono.thd
> >
> > can you look into this issue, you as author of the change maybe
> > remember why you did it and so are better qualified to adjust it.
> >

> Sorry but that sample was never decoded properly. As it is not mono and it
> is not stereo.

around the time of 3.2 it was decoded as mono and it sounds reasonable
after that until 946... it was decoded as stereo with only the left channel
after 946... it now doesnt decode at all

it would be nice if we could support this kind of file

thx

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being
governed by those who are dumber. -- Plato