[FFmpeg-devel] API enhancements / broken promises

Timo Rothenpieler timo at rothenpieler.org
Fri Aug 19 22:35:48 EEST 2022

On 19.08.2022 20:30, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> ok
> but just to clarify what i meant / was thinking of was a simple
> key / value style parser no features beyond that. just enough so we can
> use it to read our own generated xml from some object serialization.

One can hardly call that XML then.
For something like that, it's much better to just use libxml2, if you
really want to use XML, or just use another, super trivial format, like
.ini or something.

XML, JSON, YAML and friends all have a massive amount of complexity
attached to them.
Any kind of parser we add for them would almost inevitably grow over
time, as people add more and more features to them. "Just one more
simple patch".

I'd rather not open that can of worms.