[FFmpeg-devel] [FFmpeg-cvslog] doc/filters: clarify behaviour of weights in amix

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Tue Aug 9 13:45:45 EEST 2022

On 2022-08-09 04:00 pm, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 9, 2022 at 5:36 PM Gyan Doshi <ffmpeg at gyani.pro> wrote:
>

>> On 2022-08-09 02:57 pm, Anton Khirnov wrote:
>>> Quoting Gyan Doshi (2022-08-09 11:22:39)
>>> All patches should go through the mailing list, so other people get the
>>> opportunity to comment on them.
>> I do that for more extensive changes.
>>
>> As the guidelines say,
>>
>> "Send your changes as patches to the ffmpeg-devel mailing list
>
> and
>

> if
>> the code maintainers say OK, you may commit. This does not apply to
>> files you wrote and/or maintain."
>
> That should make the intent of the sentence quoted clear.

'This' refers to the entire preceding sentence. If it was otherwise, it
would be incompatible with the 2nd way mentioned at
http://www.ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Contributing

I'm not wedded to the policy as stated in the current docs, but the
current docs are clear that maintainers can push directly.

Doc patch(es) welcome.

Regards,
Gyan