[FFmpeg-devel] Guidance needed for a semi-breaking change

MCC CS mcccs at gmx.com
Wed Apr 27 16:06:04 EEST 2022

I wasn't considering a breaking change, those using
-aac_at_quality 0 or -aac_at_quality 2 would continue to use those.
However, would moving -aac_at_quality 0 from HIGH (currently highest
used by FFMPEG) to MAX be welcome? I'd assume that those using
-aac_at_quality 0 do so to use the highest quality option available.

If not, extending the range (0,2) to (-1,3) without moving any
previous options would work. From what I understand negative
numbers are OK in ffmpeg since `-q:a -1` produces higher quality
than `-q:a 0` for me.

How about this?

Thanks again