[FFmpeg-devel] proposal for a minor change in the behavior of the drawtext filter

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Fri Apr 22 18:57:40 EEST 2022

Hi Francesco,

I think the y position of the baseline should be independent of the
content of the textfile.
For example, you might want to change the color in the middle of a text.
That can only be done by invoking drawtext two times. To make sure that
both texts share the same baseline, the workaround with y=40-ascent has
to be used. In my opinion same baseline position should be the default.

The question remains if the y option refers to the baseline or to the
top of the text (assuming the text contains a full height character). I
would prefer the latter.

Backward compatibility or better interface? I vote for better interface.

Michael