[FFmpeg-devel] Mailing list conduct

Dave Rice dave at dericed.com
Wed Sep 22 16:58:15 EEST 2021

Hello FFmpeg community,

I'm writing on behalf of FFmpeg's code of conduct committee to acknowledge that the tone on the mailing list has recently become more discouraging, challenging, and argumentative, notably on subjects related to subtitles from multiple people. We should be able to do better.

We'd like to remind everyone of the Code of Conduct, http://ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Code-of-conduct <http://ffmpeg.org/developer.html#Code-of-conduct>, of this community, which reminds of our aspirational values of being considerate, cooperative, and not putting one another down. From reading the exchanges ongling on ffmpeg-devel and reading the code of conduct, we think there is a clear mismatch here.

This reminder may be needed now and then, but please, let's all make our community a better place than this. Let's please work to support and encourage one another, offer fair critical reviews, and work collaboratively towards rough consensus.

Kind Regards,

The CC
	James Almer
	Thilo Borgmann