[FFmpeg-devel] Running FATE

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 10 07:39:05 EEST 2021

It's consistent - running the following sequence:
(on Ubuntu)

make distclean
./configure
make fate -j8 SAMPLES=../fate-suite/
    => several test failing
make fate SAMPLES=../fate-suite/
    => all tests successful
make fate -j8 SAMPLES=../fate-suite/
    => now completes without failing tests

The following tests are affected:

flv-demux
gapless-mp3-side-data
oggopus-demux
png-frame-metadata
png-side-data
ts-demux
ts-opus-demux
ts-small-demux

They are all using ffprobe_demux at a time when ffprobe isn't built
yet:

./tests/fate-run.sh: 80: eval: /development/ffmpeg/ffprobe: not found

It seems that either demux.mak and gapless.mak need to be made dependent
on ffprobe or the 'ffprobe_demux' execution?

softworkz