[FFmpeg-devel] ARM Hardware Request

J. Dekker jdek at itanimul.li
Fri Oct 8 22:38:53 EEST 2021

On 8 Oct 2021, at 10:25, Thilo Borgmann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm writing ARM64 ASM and testing on Apple M1 and Graviton2 N1 devices. This, however, is not a good spread of micro-architectures among commonly used ARM64 devices. Additional micro-architectures which I would like to test are 'High Efficiency' A53 and A55; 'high performance' A72, A73, and A77, and 'Prime' X1.
>
> I’m in favor of buying some ARM hardware for that as well as for FATE maybe.

Could buy 2x of whatever we decide, alternatively I'd be able to run FATE on them as well.

> [...]

>> - OnePlus 9, Snapdragon 888 (A55/A77/X1) - 799 EUR
>
> for this well it’s not cheap, maybe someone has an alternative idea or even some hardware to donate that covers some of the cores?

A official devkit is ~1600 EUR, obviously the phone form factor is not ideal for automated testing but it is significantly cheaper. But yes, if anyone can find a Snapdragon 888 in a devkit form (i.e. something I can plug into a network easily) then that would be preferred. Or if someone is able to find one or multiple devices which cover the A55/A77/X1 micro-architectures then that works as well.

--
J. Dekker