[FFmpeg-devel] FFmpeg UDP multicast support broken on OpenBSD

Brad Smith brad at comstyle.com
Fri Nov 12 23:40:37 EET 2021

On 11/12/2021 4:01 PM, Marton Balint wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Nov 2021, Brad Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am looking for some feedback regarding a ticket I opened for UDP
>> multicast support
>> currently being broken on OpenBSD.
>>
>> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/9449
>
> Well, send the patch to the list. I believe it is platform dependant
> which type should be used, so using unsigned char unconditionally is
> probably not OK, especially for IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS which is int even
> on OpenBSD?

FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, DragonFlyBSD, macOS, Solaris, AIX, IRIX,
HP-UX, QNX, Minix3 and a few
others define the ttl parameter to IP_MULTICAST_TTL as an unsigned char.
Linux has it as an integer.

The IPV6_MULTICAST_HOPS part is not correct in that example diff. That
wasn't by me. I pointed out
out the issue to the person who made the original quick diff.