[FFmpeg-devel] [Question] Are there any legal or patenting issues concerning the AC-4 patches?

Nomis101 Nomis101 at web.de
Mon May 31 20:59:23 EEST 2021

Hi everyone. Back in March 2020 a set of patches for AC-4 support into FFmpeg was posted on this
list. As these patches are not integrated in FFmpeg the HandBrake team was considering if we should
add them to the internal FFmpeg patches for HandBrake. We are aware, that this patches are WIP and
that there are maybe still some technical weak points.
But, we would like to clarify if there are any legal or patenting issues with this patches? Would
this patches be compatible with the GPLv2 license of HandBrake? We don't want to come into any kind
of cease and desist situation.

https://github.com/HandBrake/HandBrake/issues/3594#issuecomment-849891899

Thanks