[FFmpeg-devel] Builds for MAC

Jan Ekström jeebjp at gmail.com
Sun May 16 20:46:11 EEST 2021

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 4:00 PM <libav at airmail.cc> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Would you be interested in me making additional unofficial mac
> builds for you to add to the downloads page? I have an intel mac, and
> I should be getting a sillicon mac soon so I can make builds for ARM
> (unlike the existing person) The only provider listed stated that he
> would not be offering silicon mac downloads, but I could get something
> to work. While the intel binaries do work for now, you can expect Apple
> to cut that off soon like they did when they switched from PPC to Intel.
> He also seems to be complaining about the traffic load, so another
> download site would distribute the cost more equally and take some of
> the costs off him so he can keep his service running. I can also do
> windows builds as well, but there are already some builders.

If you have interest in figuring out building binaries for
distribution, I would recommend contributing to one of the public and
automated build systems such as https://github.com/BtbN/FFmpeg-Builds
.

Currently it has Windows and 64bit Linux in there, and the person
poking at it seems open to contributions to add more systems.

Jan