[FFmpeg-devel] Encode user data unregistered SEI (H.264/H.265)

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Fri May 14 07:31:52 EEST 2021

On Friday, 14 May 2021 1:59:13 AM AEST Marton Balint wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2021, Brad Hards wrote:
> > On Saturday, 1 May 2021 12:23:00 PM AEST Brad Hards wrote:
> >> MISB ST 0604 and ST 2101 require user data unregistered SEI messages
> >> (precision timestamps and sensor identifiers) to be included. That
> >> currently isn't supported. This series adds encoding for libx264,
> >> libx265, hevc_nvenc and h264_nvenc.
> >>
> >> v2 removes the API addition, modifies nvenc to use a dynamic array,
> >> and corrects formatting.
> >
> > Any comments on v2?
>
> As far as I see it is consistently missing allocation checks for
> realloc_array all over the place.
I will investigate and resolve as part of v3 (subject to advice below).

> Is it realistic that more than e.g. 16 SEI data is needed? If not, then
> maybe static allocation for SEI data and limiting the number to 16
> or so should be simpler.
I don't think there is likely to be more than 16, but there is probably some
case where it could occur.

Also, the review comments from v1 requested a dynamic array, when I'd
previously used the existing static allocation:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-devel/2021-May/279857.html

I can do it either way. Please advise.

Brad