[FFmpeg-devel] Question about FFmpeg's threading architecture

Alireza Heidar-Barghi arhdr at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 30 18:22:05 EEST 2021

    On Thursday, March 25, 2021, 09:43:05 AM EDT, Alireza Heidar-Barghi <arhdr at yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi everyone,
Kieran, thank you for your reply.
I already had a look at that document.
I need something more detailed about FFmpeg's threading architecture such as:
1. What threading model is used in FFmpeg (e.g., thread pool, pipeline, or peer)?2. Have someone explored the performance of the threading model?3. What are the threads and what task(s) are assigned to each thread?
I appreciate it if someone can help me in understanding the FFmpeg's threading architecture.
Regards,
Alireza
    On Tuesday, March 23, 2021, 11:21:58 AM EDT, Kieran Kunhya <kierank at obe.tv> wrote:

 Hi,

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 at 16:01, Alireza Heidar-Barghi <
arhdr-at-yahoo.com at ffmpeg.org> wrote:

>  Hello,
> I am wondering how I can obtain documentation on the detail of FFmpeg's
> threading architecture?
> Thank you in advance.
> Regards,
> Alireza