[FFmpeg-devel] Bash 2.04.0(1)-release in configure script

Hritik Vijay hr1t1k at protonmail.com
Mon Mar 15 19:20:22 EET 2021

Hello
I trying to work on the prerequisite tasks for GSoC this year. The codebase is huge and I found the following line introduced in c21d6325ab0 on line 50.

if test "$BASH_VERSION" = '2.04.0(1)-release'; then
echo "This bash version ($BASH_VERSION) is broken on your platform."
echo "Upgrade to a later version if available."
fi

I'm not sure what is special about the bash version 2.04.0(1)-release. I guess the script is trying to check if BASH_VERSION is preset although the try_exec for bash failed. Should the version, in any case, be hard coded like this ?

From the terminal
Hritik Vijay