[FFmpeg-devel] DRM decryption with FFmpeg

zsugabubus zsugabubus at national.shitposting.agency
Tue Mar 9 11:44:52 EET 2021

Hi all,

I was not able to find any patches or mails, only two open tickets that
mention DRM decryption in some way:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1793
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/1800

...however there were no updates for years. I do not know it is because
the lack of interest or the lack of manpower but I would like to help
making some progress in this topic.

There were any plans/ideas about how DRM encrypted content should be
handled (other than those tickets above)? I mean API or such. Or was
that all the discussion about it and it is totally okay if somebody just
submits some code for RFC?

Thanks,
zsugabubus