[FFmpeg-devel] Hardware purchase request

Lynne dev at lynne.ee
Sat Jun 26 09:25:11 EEST 2021

Jun 26, 2021, 02:19 by softworkz at hotmail.com:

If I do need one, I'll try to grab one broken with one of its regs blown.
They have the value of a brick since they don't work, but if you just
desolder the blown reg, it'll work just fine with the rest. They overspec them.
Speaking from experience.

>> happy sitting gathering dust because you constantly have to update drivers,
>>
> You can, but you don't have to. Many updates are primarily game optimizations.

Vulkan gets new extensions very often, and codecs also get updates.

>> I'm running out of power outlets,
>>
> At the Fractal Design Ion+ 860W?

No, on my wall.

>> and I'm not very sure it'll even run fine without a monitor
>>
> It will (like all Nvidia boards)

I have a 960M and it's a struggle to get it to work at all, and it gets broken
by updates all the time. I get that it's an Optimus system, but apart from
its weird display plumbing, it just appears as an ordinary Nvidia card on a PCIe
interface.