[FFmpeg-devel] libavcodec: r12b decoder

Dennis Fleurbaaij mail at dennisfleurbaaij.com
Tue Jun 8 12:52:09 EEST 2021

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the question.

The four letter "r12b" format code is from the DeckLink documentation;
there are other described formats there as well such as r12l, r10b, r10l
and r210. I'm using DirectShow which signals the encoding to downstream
components through the use of FOURCC codes and hence for this filter to be
of any use in such applications there needs to be a way to identify it.

r210 from their docs has already gained some traction as a fourcc and hence
adding the others in a similar vein seemed a reasonable approach. "r12b"
also sounds reasonable to me as a fourcc: it starts with an r, indicative
of RGB formats, and the bit/pixel + endianness didn't seem unreasonable.
Also I could find no other fourcc's used for this and hence I added it.

Kind regards,
Dennis Fleurbaaij