[FFmpeg-devel] request to remove certain mention of e-book on trac wiki page

Gyan Doshi ffmpeg at gyani.pro
Thu Jul 1 17:34:30 EEST 2021

On 2021-07-01 17:04, Andreas Rheinhardt wrote:
> Paul B Mahol:
>> I here hereby request that certain e-book is removed from wiki page of
>> FFmpeg.
>>
>> Reason is it uses derogatory text to criticize some FFmpeg components.
> Details please: What ebook? What derogatory text?

We shouldn't entertain this. It is a petty reason to censor a useful
resource.

But see
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/BooksAndOtherExternalResources?confirm_email=&email_confirm=&action=diff&version=4&old_version=3#

I see places in the book where the author mentions he thinks filter
usage is confusing or the docs aren't detailed enough. Although, I
suspect the complaint by Paul is more personal.

Regards,
Gyan