[FFmpeg-devel] Proposal of two projects for GSoC

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:00:50 EET 2021

Hi Artem,

I hope your doing fine! Your v7 patch for D3D11 QSV is now mostly identical
to my original code (except defaulting to D3D11), and I'm pretty glad about
that outcome. Probably meanwhile you came to understand why I didn't
want to submit the code myself, but I hadn't expected that even Intel is
being ignored here for so long :-(

That being said, I have two questions regarding oneVPL:

1. From all the docs I've read, it was always about limitations of oneVPL
   In relation to MediaSDK. Is there a single thing which oneVPL can do
   that can't  be done with MediaSDK?

2. Will MediaSDK be discontinued, renamed or continued to coexist with
   oneVPL?

Thanks and kind regards,
softworkz