[FFmpeg-devel] REQUEST: remove photocd_pipe demuxer as there is no parser

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 13:58:31 EET 2021

Am Mi., 3. Feb. 2021 um 11:38 Uhr schrieb Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:

[...]

While you and others - thankfully! - implemented parsers for many formats,
there are several image formats for which FFmpeg probably will not
implement a parser, I believe it makes a lot of sense to auto-detect such
images, and this is how FFmpeg in a very general sense works.
Additionally, I don't see any disadvantage detecting a single file even if
it is not possible to stream the format into FFmpeg.
In the specific case of PhotoCD, the detection looks robust to me,
but maybe I miss something?

Carl Eugen