[FFmpeg-devel] GitHub Integration

Anton Khirnov anton at khirnov.net
Wed Dec 29 21:57:13 EET 2021

Quoting Ronald S. Bultje (2021-12-26 22:37:54)
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Dec 26, 2021 at 3:21 PM Soft Works <softworkz at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure. My interpretation of Lance' and Steven's comments would
> > be that they'd prefer to stick to the ML.
> >

> No, it's not strictly related to that - they want something that is CLI
> accessible. Gitlab has this here: https://glab.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
> and github has this here: https://github.com/cli/cli - the next question is

Last I checked, there were two decently developed CLI tools for gitlab
and neither supported enough functionality to fully cover the usual
workflow.

Github's official CLI tools are a lot more advanced, but then github has
other problems.

And for the record - I am not especially in love with our current ML
workflow, but any change that requires me to use a web browser for
common tasks is a MASSIVE step back IMO.

--
Anton Khirnov