[FFmpeg-devel] GitHub Integration

Michael Niedermayer michael at niedermayer.cc
Sat Dec 25 13:12:02 EET 2021

On Sat, Dec 25, 2021 at 12:31:56PM +0300, Vasily wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First off, a great idea bridging that gap! But I agree that the topic is
> misleading, maybe rename to smth like "github bridge for PR creation" to be
> really explicit?
>

> Second one, why first-comers aren't allowed to submit without pre-approval?

Some pull requests on github where "spam" iam not sure how exactly these happen
maybe someoen pressing the wrong buttons, or someone not understanding github
pull requests for random branches like for example our release branch onto
master or something like this has been submitted IIRC. On github its a matter
of closing the request, but if that resulted in a post to the ML it could
produce hundreads of mails. So some sort of pre-approval or some other sort
of double check that a submissing is intended is required

thx

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible. -- Voltaire