[FFmpeg-devel] GitHub Integration

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 23 01:24:38 EET 2021

Hi,

holidays are approaching and I got a little present for all of you
even though it won’t be something for everybody.

A while ago I had committed to prepare a test setup for integrating
GitHub in a similar way as the Git developers are doing.

For those who missed it or don’t remember the outcome:
https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org/msg123329.html
https://www.mail-archive.com/ffmpeg-devel@ffmpeg.org/msg123288.html

Before someone’s temperature might start rising, I want to repeat
some important corner points:

- it's not a migration nor the start of a migration
- nothing changes, it doesn't affect anybody's way of working
  it doesn't replace anything
- it's an add-on that one could use or not

Basic functionality is that it allows to submit patches to the ML
through GitHub pull requests.

Right now must features are working, but e-mails are not sent to
the ML yet, just to one's own e-mail address.

I don't want to post the repository location publicly at this time,
but for anybody who would be interested in taking a look at this,
please send me an e-mail or PM me on IRC.

Kind regards,
softworkz