[FFmpeg-devel] commits ecee6af8bd and 4ac869ca2a break build for macOS

Christopher Degawa ccom at randomderp.com
Tue Dec 21 03:35:16 EET 2021

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 7:29 PM Ridley Combs <rcombs at rcombs.me> wrote:

> The main thing that confuses me here is that this file does build for me
> when I use the iOS version of the metal compiler (tbh I didn't even know
> there was a difference between them).
>
> What Xcode and macOS version are you on?

system_profiler SPSoftwareDataType
Software:

    System Software Overview:

      System Version: macOS 10.15.7 (19H1615)
      Kernel Version: Darwin 19.6.0

xcodebuild -version
Xcode 12.3
Build version 12C5020f

xcrun --version
xcrun version 59.

I don't know what other versions might be beneficial here.

I can't (don't want to) upgrade the macOS system version atm since last
time I tried it via softwareupdate, it managed to make the device
unresponsive until someone physically rebooted it and managed to do the
same with an aws mac1.metal instance running 12.0 just today.