[FFmpeg-devel] Politics

Daniel Cantarín canta at canta.com.ar
Mon Dec 20 15:48:23 EET 2021

> The more the focus is moving to "a single frame" doesn't matter,
> the more will that conversation create the impression that my patchset
> would be lacking precision.

This is a possibility, indeed.

Yet, the less one answers, the more it also looks like the issue is dead
and/or some argument was the last word on the issue. Neither are the
case. Also, there's the constant claim of "you didn't listened to me";
not answering surely leads to that effect, and answering puts the burden
of proof to the people stating the hypothetical issue.

OTOH, people here could be very knowledgeable and experienced, thus
actually maybe being onto something. Debating fantasy scenarios could be
a chore and even a waste of time, but asking for proper input files is
not, and this gives the oportunity to deal with such possible tests.

No input files so far, of course, as I also do believe the
"frame-perfect serious issue" is simply not real: not any problem in
your code, not any real-life use case. We'll see if anyone brings such
real example, with files to test.