[FFmpeg-devel] Politics

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 14 05:59:50 EET 2021

Hi Daniel,

thanks for your comments. I basically think that others should
respond to this, but I'd like to add a few remarks.

Once for the facts: the subtitle_pts field in AVFrame exists since
V5 of my patchset, which I have submitted on 2021-09-12.
This has been 3 months ago. Nobody had objected its existence
until only 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I really hate to read such things like "we had always told you
right from the beginning...", because those are fairy tales.

I had submitted the first version of the patchset on 2021-08-19,
almost four months ago.
For three and a half months, I had done everything that was
requested without exception and without rejection.

And now - after such a long time, others are coming and asking
me to do changes that would set me back for many weeks,
and (as I said a hundred times) wouldn't allow to achieve the
same functionality that I already have.

I do not think that this is acceptable behaviour and even less
acceptable when combined with untrue statements like "we have
always told you to do...".
What I was told in fact was that I should change fundamental
things only AFTER I had said that I'm almost done.

Those are the unfortunate facts. Another fact is that
this whole interaction is drawing away too much time and
attention. That's why my motivation is not to put up an
ultimatum, but rather my personal need to protect myself
from potentially wasting even more time here.

I hope this makes my position a bít better understandable,
softworkz