[FFmpeg-devel] Politics

Soft Works softworkz at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 13 20:26:54 EET 2021

Yup, thanks, I will. The motivation for this is not about being dissatisfied
or wanting to enforce anything. It's a significant change and I think it makes
perfect sense in that case to have a democratic decision about it.
Everyone should make her or his own decision whether or not this should
be added or not and whatever the outcome will be, it will be driven by
a majority.

Doing this in a timely way would be my personal wish, as it will allow
me to prioritize the focus of my work and avoid wasting time on the
submission here, in case it would not be wanted by a majority.

> > It makes me sad to see that seemingly somebody is doing politics
> > against my patchset behind the scenes.
>
> However, I don't see politics here. What kind of politics would that be?
> I see no malice, just people not liking/no understanding the patch.

The context for this was communication outside the mailing list
with various developers, calling my patchset a hack in direct conversation
and unable to explain what reasons would have brought them to this
assessment.

> Maybe, if the thread is debated a lot, the intent is not clear.

It wasn't about ML communication. I think, this has been quite OK in
the recent weeks. No more destructive comments, just normal discussion
about technical details like it's meant to be.

> Please join our next developer call to discuss this topic.

Sure, just let me know :-)

Thanks and kind regards,
softworkz