[FFmpeg-devel] Compatibility of different library versions (was: avformat: Add internal flags for AV(In|Out)putFormat)

Diederick C. Niehorster dcnieho at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 16:21:31 EEST 2021

Top-posting on purpose:

Several core developers stated to be in favor of locking lavd<->lavf
together at the minor version, for instance since it solves a lot of
the problems the intimate linking between the two libraries creates.
Should this be turned into a patch somehow (i'm not sure how to do
such linking)? If so, could someone send this patch or guide me
through it, so that the discussion can be finished?
Thanks!