[FFmpeg-devel] ccaption_dec: add support for multiple channels

Eran Kornblau eran.kornblau at kaltura.com
Sat Aug 21 20:05:21 EEST 2021

Hi all,

I noticed today that the cc decoder doesn’t support multiple channels – I have some MPEG-TS file with 3 cc languages,
when I request ‘-data_field 0’, I’m getting the first two together, while ‘-data_field 1’ returns the third one.
This patch adds another optional param ‘channel’ that can be used to choose which cc channel to output (1/2).

Disclaimer – my knowledge in 608/708 is quite limited, this patch was created by comparing ffmpeg’s parser to hls.js’.

Thanks,

Eran